Business Intelligence MSBI
Business intelligence (BI) is the set of techniques and tools for the transformation of raw data into meaningful and useful information for business analysis purposes. BI technologies are capable of handling large amounts of unstructured data to help identify, develop and otherwise create new strategic business opportunities.
Microsoft provides tools to transform your business data into information. User can use these tools with Visual Studio Integrated Development Environment.
Microsoft Business Intelligence suit comprises of SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Services), SSIS (SQL Server Integration Services) and SSAS (SQL Server Analysis Services) packages.
- Gartner positions Microsoft as a leader in BI and Analytics Platforms for ten consecutive years.
- 75% of Companies are Investing or Planning to Invest in Big Data by 2017 – Gartner
- Global BI and Analytics Market to Reach $16.9 Billion in 2016 – Gartner
- Average US Salary for a Microsoft BI professional is $ 107,000 – indeed.com
Inexpensive and easy to operate
The BI solution is relatively inexpensive, especially when it is compared with other large BI vendors. For most BI users the functionality is more than adequate and ‘office-like’ user interface, the tool is relatively easy to operate.
Very user-friendly features
Very user-friendly, because of a strong integration with the Office products.
Interactive features with complete support
- Easy exploration of data and better visualization.
- Fully managed self-serviced business intelligence.
- Complete use of native Excel features.
- Interactive dashboards, guided navigation and drill-down.
- Complete support to .Net and web services.
- Complete end-to-end solution.
Who Should Attend
- Engineering and IT students – B.Tech/B.E, BCA, MCA, B.Sc IT, M.Sc IT
- People who are interested in reports creation in Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services. No prior experience with T-SQL is required.
- People with previous exposure to any Relational Database System or spreadsheet data, wants to design and create reports with SQL Server.
- Professionals including Software and Analytics who have basic experience in Relational Database Systems, ETL, OLAP.
- Installation of Microsoft Business Intelligence suite with all the required components i.e. SQL Server Reporting Services, SQL Server Integration Services and SQL Server Analysis Services.
- Understanding the concepts of ad-hoc reports using SQL Server Reporting Services.
- Creation of basic and advanced reports and visualizations.
- Understanding the concept of Data Warehousing (ETL and multi-dimensional modeling)
- Creation of cubes using SQL Server Analysis Services.